The 2019 ACDS National Research Forum was held on September 24-25 at Macquarie University.
The Forum is an annual event fostering and supporting a national network of those with responsibilities for science research and graduate students in Australia’s universities.
Speakers and links to presentations:
- ERA, Engagement and Impact Assessment: implications for Australian universities – Professor Sue Thomas, CEO, Australian Research Council View presentation
- University partnerships with CSIRO – Dr Cathy Foley, Chief Scientist, CSIRO View presentation
- Partnering with Defence Science Technology – Dr Ian Dagley, Chief, Science Partnerships and Engagement Division, DST
- The Master of Research as a pathway to the PhD – Professor Sakkie Pretorius, DVC(R) Macquarie University View presentation
- Insights from six years of the Macquarie Model MRes – Associate Professor Bridget Mabbutt, Master of Research Director, Faculty of Science and Engineering, Macquarie University View presentation
- The role of Decadal plans in shaping the future of science in Australia – Professor Hans Bachor, Secretary, Education and Public Awareness, AAS View presentation
- Introducing Viva Voce to the Australian PhD examination process – Professor Kate Wright, Dean, Graduate Research School, UWA View presentation
- Maximising the benefits of NCRIS – Dr Miles Apperley, Head, Research Infrastructure, ANSTO View presentation
- Research Leadership: why we need it, how we develop it – Dr Leanna Read, Chair, Carina Biotech Pty Ltd and TekCyte Pty Ltd View presentation
- Professor Jo Ward, Office of the Provost, Curtin University View presentation
- The cost of doing research – Professor Les Field, Senior DVC, UNSW View presentation